This Board is a terrific opportunity to work closely with other dynamic women on an important event that is empowering for both the Board members and all the participants at the conference. The women who have worked on the Board, along with members of the subcommittees, are innovative, enthusiastic and have a great time together building the Women’s Leadership Conference.
The Board currently consists of 8 members, plus the Past President, who oversee the organization of the full day Women’s Leadership Conference in early May and the 4 micro events throughout the year. This is a working board in that the members, including any committee members, handle all elements of the conference. The Board meets monthly for 2 hours to ensure the content, logistics, finance and registration are taken care of. All committees meet on their schedule apart from that.
Our intent is to have Board members represent as diverse a community of women as possible – including age, type of profession, stage in profession, ethnicity, community connections, and skill set.
- President – Coordinates the monthly meetings, oversees the communication of the Board members and their roles, takes a leadership role at the micro events and on the day of the conference.
- Secretary – Distributes an agenda for each meeting, takes notes at the meeting and monitors and responds to the WLC email.
- Treasurer (and her committee) – Sets up the budget, tracks expenses and revenue and communicates with and fosters Sponsors for the conference.
- Chair of Marketing (and her committee) – Monitors and edits the WLC website, coordinates social media and email marketing for the micro events and the conference, and anticipates marketing opportunities for the conference.
- Chair of Micro-Events (and her committee) – Organizes the 4 micro events that happen throughout the year; this includes the content, location, food and registration for those micro events.
Chair of Content (and her committee) – Responsible for the content of the full day conference including the selection and support of the Keynote speakers, the breakout session speakers and the schedule of the day.
- Chair of Logistics (and her committee) – Responsible for the logistics of the full day conference including venue, registration, room assignments, working with catering, and A/V needs.
- Community Liaison & Outreach Chair The Community Liaison board member and her selected committee, focuses on promoting the organization to the larger Southern Oregon community with special emphasis on connecting individuals and organizations that bring greater diversity to WLC programs and activities. This position is the lead for the following projects: Jolie Johnson Award and WLC Scholarship Program.
We are currently adding new positions to the board for 2023 conference year! Please consider the current openings below and apply today!
- Content Committee Chair
- Mentorship Program Director
- Micro Events Chair and Co-Chair
- Committee members for all Committees