Jolie Johnson was an inspirational leader who made tangible impact in our community through her influential personal, philanthropic and professional presence. Jolie was a significant contributor to this Women’s Leadership Conference, so this award was created in her honor and loving memory. The intent of this award is to recognize one outstanding leader through the work of the Women’s Leadership Conference.
The winner of the Jolie Johnson Leadership Award will live, work or volunteer in Jackson County, Oregon and will honor Jolie’s memory by carrying on these strengths:
- Not just a participant, she is a leader in her endeavors
- Champions diversity and values differences
- Gives generously to the community
- Serves as a role model and/or mentor to other women and/or girls
- Has earned respect within her community
One recipient will be selected each year by a committee made up of Jolie’s friends and family, community leaders and WLC board members. The nominees and nominators will be notified of the winner once chosen. Nominations will be considered for a second year, if not selected the first year.
The award winner will be announced by the WLC board and officially receive the award at identified WLC events. The planning committee will work with the nominator and recipient to coordinate that presentation/announcement.
How to nominate someone for the award:
- 1. Review and complete the nomination packet (see link below).
- 2. Gather two to three support forms from community members to go with your nomination form. Please ask two or three people, who are not related to the nominee, to express their support of the nomination by filling out a questionnaire, called a support form.
- 3. Submit completed nomination packet (your completed form plus two to three support forms) by June 30, 2017 (no exceptions to this deadline).