2018 CONFERENCE THEME: LEADERSHIP IN ACTION
The Call for Speakers is Open
THINGS TO KNOW
The Theme of this year’s WLC conference is “Leadership in Action.” What are the actionable steps we can take to build our leadership skills and foster leadership roles?
The conference will be on Friday, May 11th, 2018 at the Ashland Hills Hotel in Ashland, Oregon.
Conference sessions are 90 minutes in length and are lead by volunteer, unpaid speakers who are selected by the WLC content committee. Sessions speakers are the heart of the conference and we look forward to your speaker proposal. This year’s theme calls for proposals that are hands-on, active, engaged and will allow participants to walk away with actionable steps for leadership growth.
Submit a speaker proposal to the WLC 2018! Fill out the form and you will receive a notification that your information was submitted successfully. These proposals are for the session speakers, not for the opening or closing keynote speakers.
- Deadline to submit a proposal: November 6th, 2017
- Notification to applicants: January 5th, 2018
- Final proposals, final bios, and head shots for selected speakers due: February 20th
The Selection Committee will use the following rubric to evaluate all proposals:
- RELEVANCE – Content aligns with WLC’s vision, mission and values, the conference theme, & session category.
- OUTCOMES – stated outcomes are clear and provide participants with specific take-aways.
- SCOPE – the scope and level of the proposal topic is broad and appropriate for its audience.
- FORMAT – Session format utilizes various elements and methods of engagement.
WLC’s goal is to have a diverse set of programs that are:
- relevant across a variety of disciplines or functional areas.
- translatable to different stages in the career path.
- focused on skill-building, practical tools, and/ or best practices.
- engaging and give participants specific take-aways.
Thanks to everyone for your proposals!